Positive projects as parts of society
Leading groups that contribute to society
A group must have an identity in the greater context. In other words, just as group members are expected to belong, and to contribute as members of the group; similarly the group itself is expected to belong to society at large and to contribute to society at large. Group members will feel enlivened when they feel themselves to be relevant and valued members of the group. They will feel further enlivened when they see and feel that the group itself is a relevant and valued member of society at large. This is the purpose of establishing positive projects.
Positive projects as members of society at large
On the first level of need and potential, some of the most important activities are:
· Research to find the areas of need in society;
· Defining and implementing the vision and mission of the project within the context of society;
On the second level of needs and potential, some of the most important activities are:
· Identifying the skills, talents and beloved expertise of the project group;
· Engaging consistently according to these specific talents;
· Defining the specific criteria of success;
· Cooperating with other positive groups.
On the third level of needs and potential, some of the most important activities are:
· Understanding the values of the group in relation to values in society;
· Identifying the values of the project in the context of universal values;
· Maintaining the integrity of the positive project.
On the fourth level of needs and potential, some of the most important activities are:
· Cooperating with and enhancing the mood of spirituality in society;
· Sharing one’s own relationship with the Divine, as far as that is appropriate;
· Helping others to make their connection and relationship with the Divine, as far as that is appropriate.
What are the most important next steps that you can take to strengthen yourself in these areas?
How will you implement them and when?